Skip to main content

Concept Mapping

Salam 'alaik, 

InshaAllah, today I would like to share about what I've been learning from my Master course that is CONCEPT MAPPING. We did it practically during the lesson, not just learning it by theory. This hands on experience really intrigued me. 

Concept Mapping is a verb. It is  a way to connect the knowledge of certain topics based on its concepts while Concept Map is a noun where it is a type of graphic organizer used to help students organize and represent knowledge of a subject. Concept maps begin with a main idea (or concept) and then branch out to show how that the ideas are connected to the other ideas.In order to link the concepts, we need to start a sentence by a quantity and end it also by a quantity. 

Our lecturer, Dr NurulHuda had introduced a website where we able to apply doing concept map. We practiced using this software by applying 2 topics. The first concept map is for the States of Matter and the second one is for the Trend in Educational Technology. 

 The products of my trial are shown as below : 😀


States of Matter

Trends in Educational Technology

You may give it a try , it is really fun and at the same time challenging your mind✌

Thank you,


Ummi Atiah  Mohamad
Med Physics
UPSI

 ~ May it Benefits You ➽💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Classroom

Assalamualaikum & Hi everyone! The first time I enter a classroom for my technology & innovation in physics course in university, it intrigued  me. The classroom is facilitated with devices which hence called as smart classroom. Here I attach several snaps of the view of it, also featuring my lovely course mates & lecturer :) Smart Wall , Smart TV & Dr Nurul Smart Wall & Smart TV + Farah & me 💙 Smart Wall & Smart TV + Roza(from Aceh) & me 💙 Smart Classroom + K. Kamalia & Mira 💙 The idea of this classroom beautiful!The walls are painted at particular area which provides unlimited spaces for teachers to scribble on. It reminds me of how I always advise my students to have separate answer sheet every time they work on the worksheet. They are forbidden to write their answer or ideas for the answer near the question as they kind of limit their thoughts.  My reason is always be that the more space we have, the greater the idea we

Capacitors

Capacitors Capacito r is a device that is normally used in electrical appliances such as radios, computers and TV. There are many different types(looks) of capacitors as shown below: The function of the capacitor is to store electrical charges. Remember , we have 2 types of charges ( positive and negative). Once the capacitor has stored the charge, it can release electrical energy. I give you an example: The flash unit of camera also uses a capacitor. The fact that the camera can give out the flash, it is actually releasing the energy from the charge that is stored in the capacitor. When we measure something , it must has its own quantity and unit. For example, (i) the length (quantity) of a ruler --> the unit is metre (ii) the mass  (quantity) of a ball --> the unit is  kg Same goes to the capacitor, the quantity measured by the capacitor is capacitance and its unit is Farad.  Scientifically, the meaning of capacitance is the ratio of the amount of  charge